One of the most popular ways to share knowledge today is online video. Live Streaming for education has become an unexpected disruptor, upturning traditional schooling, university education, and new skills acquisition in organizations!
- Nearly 62% of students report video lectures by teachers were more effective.
- Nearly 88% of universities reported a measurable increase in students’ achievements when using online video platforms.
- Nearly 58% of surveyed corporate workforce trainees reported online videos as their primary source for learning new skills.
Video streaming services for education are emerging as major business segments with market value expected to reach a whopping $325 billion by 2025!
Reasons that Made Online Video Education platforms popular
Online video education platform has instantly harmonized inequalities that emerged from economic differences, technology latency, and poor educational institutional infrastructure.
Video streaming services for education have grown by over four times between 2017 and 2022 (Cisco Video Networking Index) because they have become effective platforms for learning and teaching.
How Online Video Education Become more effective as new-age education technology?
- Easy to access with minimal infrastructure – like a smartphone can deliver the lessons
- It supports self-paced learning styles
- Quicker to grasp as ‘visual’ dimensions improve learning outcome
- It supports innovative teaching methodologies
- Augments teaching scope, since multi-media sources can be integrated to deconstruct complex concepts and make learning simple
- Live and on-demand videos when used in digital and physical classrooms are producing higher learning outcomes.
Live streaming for education is pivotal to improving learning in students as per data reviewed in previous sections.
The core advantages of online learning are as follows:
- Improves understanding and retaining information
- Supports learning on multiple modes or multi-modal learning
- Supports all types of learning approaches
- Simplifies complex information
- Improves digital illiteracies
- Becomes cost-effective method to learn
- Repurposes video content
Benefits of Online Video Platformfor Education
1. Self-based learning-
Online video platforms allow lessons to be viewed repeatedly supporting the individual learning style of the student.
2. Hands-on learning-
Demonstration of concepts, procedures in a step-by-step approach helps in problem-solving, learning math, and science formulas. The interaction that video learning software offers makes the course material engaging and improves learning outcomes
3. Remove geographical barrier-
Video platforms have allowed teachers to build flipped classrooms that make students feel they are in traditional classrooms.
3.1. Remote education via live streaming showed 980% minutes increase for 2020 semesters due to the pandemic lockdown
3.2. Arrival of faster internet (3G and higher speeds)has led to quicker adoption of online video education platform
4. Analytics for student insight –
Video platform analysis will enable teachers to track students to engage and gain insight into helpful analytics. It helps teachers to find out which student can view the video and for how much longer. It also helps to identify the effectiveness of videos, from a student perspective.
5. Supplements learning process
Given the rich visual tools that can be used as text, animations, images, and video content will make it easy for learners to learn and retain content over longer timelines.
6. Personalized Tutoring and Lecture Capture-
As the need arises students can seek individual assistance from teachers. They can record lectures and store them for reference in the future
7. Custom Integration with Learning Management Systems –
LMS can carry integrated videos of the institution supporting further learning for students and approaches for teachers.
8. Flipped Classroom and social networks –
Video learning platforms will give students the ability to learn about courses for integration into video platforms for social sharing platforms, for students to interact and systems to theoretically become better.
9. Frequent Assessments Can Reduce Distractions –
Supports frequency assessment features for students to reduce distraction and ensure focus on the syllabus is consistent.
10. All-Device Compatibility improving Adaptive Streaming-
Video platform choice for compatibility with multiple devices for seamless streaming of videos is possible with this new-age technology. This will however depend on the bandwidth available. It will ensure the learning experience is highest across the board.
11. Options for Multiple Deployments
Availability of multiple deployment alternatives like on-premise servers or hybrid systems will improve delivery. Cloud-based infrastructure for streaming videos for live streaming has effectively overcome remote access to education.
12. Enhanced-Quality Content Delivery
Primarily lesson content has to be of the highest quality, but at the same time should not buffer due to high-density videos.
13. Monetization Models options
It is important that your video educational platform should easily switch from one option to the next like subscription-based, pay-as-you-see to hybrid options. The multiple monetization models will help in video software use and build a predefined budget line-up.
14. Video Viewership and Engagement Analytics
Advanced analytics provide business insight. Video platforms will help in the identification of videos that perform better and topics that are popular. For example, analytics has helped identify that there is nearly 58-per cent growth in instructional videos. It is testimony to the growing efficacy and ease of use of visual platforms for learning. Video length of 5 min to 19 min was found to be most effective.
15. Content Security and Digital Rights Protection (DRM)
Data and privacy of users of your videos should be protected with DRM-driven video encryption. For example, Free-to-use video production and distribution tools (such as Youtube) support creative commons use patterns.
Educational video streaming services and free–to–use video platforms are emerging as the future of education and easy access content. Hence, it is essential that you build an educational video platform and streaming strategies for your e-Learning services. Likely sectors that your video streaming business should have a presence in are instructional video as the popularity of on-demand videos for product and services training, client servicing training is trending.