The confinement we have faced since last March 14, when the State of Alarm was decreed in our country due to the spread of the coronavirus, is not an impediment to carry out procedures related to the vehicle, since many procedures can be carried out in a telematics way without leaving home and in a more comfortable, faster and without waiting. Below we detail all the procedures that you can do through the new Electronic Headquarters of the General Directorate of Traffic (DGT), the miDGT application for mobile phones and tablets or by calling 060.
DGT ELECTRONIC HEADQUARTERS
- Pay traffic fines: you need to have the date of notification of the fine and the file number at hand. You can also make the payment easier if you read the QR code of the fine, where all the necessary data to make the payment appear.
- Check if you have a fine (TEU): To check if you have a fine and since it has not been able to contact you, Traffic has included you in the edicts published in the TEU, you can access the DGT’s electronic headquarters without the need for a digital certificate or Electronic DNI. In the Electronic Headquarters you have a search engine that allows you to consult the information by entering only your ID, NIE, CIF, car registration, or Buy Used Car In Kenya etc.
- Check the points of your card: you can access this procedure through your digital certificate, the cl @ ve system, or with your username and password.
- Duplicate driving license: you can request a duplicate of your driving license, only in cases of loss, theft or deterioration, by accessing the Electronic Office through cl @ ve with your digital certificate, electronic ID or cl @ ve pin or permanent in vigor.
- Check the status of the processing of your license: you can check the processing status of your driving license if you have recently approved it, if you have renewed it or if you have requested a duplicate of it.
- Check the exam grades: you can check the grades obtained in the theoretical and practical exams from home. Keep in mind that the notes remain published for 15 days.
- Exam test: if you are going to get your driving license, you can take different exam tests online, with real questions, so that you are better prepared for your test once the pandemic ends.
- Change your address for notifications: You have two ways to modify this information. Through the DGT Electronic Headquarters through cl @ ve; or through the Administration General Access Point with your digital certificate, electronic ID or cl @ ve. This last option allows you to simultaneously modify your address in multiple agencies (Tax Agency, National Police or Social Security).
- Duplicate and renewal of the documentation of your vehicle: through the Electronic Office you can request a duplicate of the driving license due to loss, theft or deterioration. On the other hand, if your car has the electronic ITV card or eITV, you can also download and print the duplicate of the eITV for free from the private area of the Headquarters.
- Check the environmental label of your vehicle: you can access this information without prior identification through the Electronic Office. You can also access, through the Statistical Portal, the file that contains all the license plates with their corresponding badges.
PHONE NUMBER 060:
- Pay traffic fines: you can pay fines through automatic attention 24 hours a day, every day of the year. If, on the contrary, you want the attention of a specialized agent, you can call from Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 19:00 and on Saturdays from 09:00 to 14:00. If you are abroad, you can call the phone number +34 902 887 060.
- Duplicate of your driving license: to be able to make the duplicate through telephone 060 you must be able to verify your identity, so they will ask you some contrasting questions. You also have to previously pay the 4.4 fee of 20.40 euros through the DGT telematics fee payment service.
- Change your address for notifications: By calling 060 you can change the address, for notification purposes, of your driving license.
- Check the environmental label of your vehicle: through the attention of a specialized agent from Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 18:00, except national holidays.
- Check the points on your license: you can check the balance of points on your driving license for free by downloading miDGT for both Android and iOS.
- Change your address for notifications: you can check and modify the address of your traffic notifications for free for both Android and iOS.
- Duplicate and renewal of your vehicle’s documentation: if your vehicle has the so-called electronic ITV card or eITV, you can download and print the duplicate of the eITV for free for both Android and iOS.
- Check the environmental label of the vehicle.